Minnesotans United made history in November 2012 by becoming the first campaign to successfully defeat a constitutional amendment that sought to permanently limit the freedom to marry for same sex couples. Despite defeating this constitutional amendment, same-sex couples are still prohibited from marrying under Minnesota state law.
In 2013, Minnesotans United is committed to ensuring that all loving and committed couples have the freedom to marry in our state.
Need to contact us? Reach us between the hours of 9am – 5pm at 612-223-8984 or anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 2012 campaign, by-the-numbers:
- 27,000+ volunteers statewide
- More than 87,000 individual donors, 89% of whom were from Minnesota
- 700+ coalition members working together
- Millions of conversations logged over 18 months
- One hurtful, freedom-limiting amendment defeated!
Back to top